The chart below contains an overview of the different types of memberships in NASSP and the benefits available to each membership type. The general Eligibility Requirements for each membership type are listed beneath the chart.
*International members in Canada receive printed version, all other International members receive electronic version.
**Coverage for claims based on incidents that occurred while an active Individual or Institutional member.
***Unified states are Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.
† Services offered at an additional cost.
- Individual—Open to all individuals engaged in the practice or supervision of middle level and/or high school administration. Membership cannot be transferred and is not refundable.
- Institutional—School-owned membership in the name of a single individual. Membership may be transferred to another individual at the school, but is not refundable.
- Associate—Open to superintendents, district personnel, department heads, teachers, graduate students, professors, and aspiring administrators. Associate members receive all benefits except legal and liability coverage. Membership is nontransferable.
- Retired—Open to previous active members who have retired and no longer hold an administrative position. Membership is nontransferable.
- International—Open to all principals, vice principals, teacher leaders, and other school administrators employed outside the United States. Membership is owned by the individual. International members receive all benefits except legal and liability coverage. Membership is nontransferable.