In existence since 1916, NASSP is the preeminent organization of and national voice for middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, and all school leaders from across the United States and more than 36 countries around the world. The mission of NASSP is to connect and engage school leaders through advocacy, research, education, and student programs.
NASSP provides our members with the professional research-based and peer-tested resources, and practical tools and materials they need to serve as visionary school leaders.
Through our award winning publications, professional development opportunities, ready access to relevant research, and persistence in advocating on behalf of school leaders, we help to advance middle level and high school education by:
- Promoting high professional standards
- Focusing attention on school leaders' challenges
- Providing a "national voice" for school leaders
- Building public confidence in education
- Strengthening the role of the principal as instructional leader
- Publicizing the issues and interests of our members in the news media
NASSP also promotes the intellectual growth, academic achievement, character and leadership development, and physical well-being of youth. NASSP is proud to have founded and to administer the following student leadership programs: